Sunday, May 18, 2008

Only 11 Days and Counting . . .

Gosh with all of this VISA junk, I am so glad I got mine sooner than later. So only 11 days to go. There are so many mixed emotions going through my head these days. I am trying to end the school year this upcoming week with my kids and I have been catching myself crying periodically in the past few weeks. Also my colleagues are amazing and I cannot believe I have to leave my "Suwanee Elementary" family behind. It's kind of like when I went off to college and leaving one chapter and starting a new (well sort of).

As for now Dylan is moving mountains over in China these days and is finding creative and innovative ways to do so. He is so cute in talking techno talk to me. Being a teacher it is not so easy at times to follow along but I know it is good. Lucy the dog is still loving China as so I have been told.

I am trying to sell a car, tie off loose ends such as going through the storage unit looking for my diplomas (dear God that one was an adventure). My wonderful mother in law went with me and we laughed said a few words and then heaved and hoed a few more boxes around. We finally found them as she kept saying in a drawer. If only I had listened to her the first time.

I am getting more excited as the days draw nearer. Not looking forward to the long plane ride but I am sure it will be an adventure to say the least. Been downsizing the clothes again getting rid of a few things. Just found out they make clothes that are tailored to you and your body type. It only cost Dylan $15 USD for him to get a pair of pants made for him. I can't wait. I am going to try and see if I can get my wedding dress made over there. (Yes I am married but we are having a ceremony later on which does require the need for a wedding dress). Hey if I can get it to fit me that's half the battle there.

Well blessings and wishes to you all,
Amanda :)

No comments: