Friday, January 2, 2009

Back to the states then back to China again!!

Hello everyone!!

Dylan and I went back to the states for Christmas and it was quite . . . . . busy.

We landed in Atlanta on Dec 13th. Dylan's flight got in about 4 hours before mine so he and my in laws went to the mall for awhile and ate lunch. Meanwhile I am flying from Hong Kong to Newark and then a five hour lay over. I finally hop on the plane to Atlanta and fall asleep....probably snoring according to Dylan. My flight got in late and all I could think of was sleep.

So our first meal (with me included) was . . . . Chinese!! Hahahaha. I know what you are thinking but American Chinese food is not the same as Chinese Chinese food. Dylan got Mongolian Beef and I think I shared it but not too sure. I know I got some soup which was pretty good. Dylan and I went to bed around 3AM and woke up at 3PM. Yeah that would be a shocker to us all. We spent the next day and a half doing the zombie march. It was nice to see our friends and loved ones. I went back to Suwanee Elementary School and had one of the warmest welcomes I think I ever received. I felt like some celebrity. Every five minutes someone stopped me in the hallway and started asking about China. It was priceless. Everyone looked the same with the exception of a few different hair styles and bigger bellies from being pregnant but nothing too out of the ordinary. Dylan and I have many friends who love us dearly and that is something we are so lucky to have. Thank you to everyone for the countless meals and long talks and even letting us crash at their house (Cuvo's) and eat Ethiopian food.

Dylan and I got to see so much of our families. Christmas was really a time for sharing this year. I didn't want anything but to spend time with others and that's what I got. Seeing friends, catching up on who became parents since we left . . . it all puts things in perspective.

By leaving China to come and visit the states made things look as if they had stood still for just but a split second. Things have not really changed and then again they changed drastically. Change is a good thing and if you continue to live life in one direction the whole time you will be missing out on some of life's most precious things.

We arrived back in Hong Kong on our one year anniversary. It is amazing how fast and how eventful our first year was as man and wife. Get married, husband leaves wife to move to a new country after a month and a half of marriage, move in with the in laws, shipped the dog to China, then move to China myself and start a new job. One would say it wouldn't last and others would say it was meant to be but as for Dylan and I we know that this would never had happened if we hadn't fell in love with each other in the beginning and that's enough for us for now. Life is not something you have to explain but to experience. So on our 1st anniversary we stayed at a nice hotel in Hong Kong went out the next morning had breakfast and went back to Shekou, Shenzhen (China) via taxi. We spent the next day in bed all day watching movies and ordering out for food. It was a wonderful day to spend together.

As far as jobs are concern, Dylan is still working at forming his own company with skill and finesse. He is so dedicated to being a great entrepreneur and puts so much time into what he is building with his company and products. I am so proud to call him my husband.

I, myself, have taken on a career advance. In the fall I will be teaching at another International School which is located across the street. The reason for the switch is not because I am unhappy at my present school but more opportunities that allow me to grow as an educator. Dylan and I couldn't be happier about the vertical move.

With that said we are so happy to see our friends and be back in China. Our only regret is that we could not stay longer to see more of our friends. Best to you all and may this new year bring joy and excitement to all.

Love,
Amanda and Dylan

No comments: