Monday, June 2, 2008

When in Rome . . .

So today was just as interesting as any other days. Yesterday, Dylan and I ordered curtains made for our room because the sunlight is awful at 6AM. So we go to the little shop to look at swatches and finally decided on a nice off-white more grayish looking color. So then I hold the fabric up to the sun and told Dylan we need something to block it out or we are not doing any good. So we had to explain . . . what a trip that was . . . what we were wanting to have him do for us and using lots of gestures kind of like the game of charades only it depends on life needs. So we are saying words like no sun and finally the guy goes "Oh SUN!!" So then he takes us back in his shop that is hot as hell and shows us the fabric to put behind it. Dylan tells the guy how much he wants to spend and the guy shows us how much per meter. So we ended taking the guy home with us to measure the windows in the bedroom and he does his math and finally he tells us it costs us 334 RMB which costs us $48 USD total even for the room darkening fabric included. Here's the amazing part....so after he tells us how much he then says..."I be her tomorrow at 3:30PM". I was blown away with that remark. So thats the story about our drapes/curtains. Cheap and fast.

I went to lunch today with Dylan...actually I met him for lunch today near his office. Him and I went out with a client of his who is working with Amiga gaming software. So before I left the maid came to clean the house and do Dylan's laundry. I think Dylan needs to tell her that I live here now and to add my dirties to the mix too but I am cool for doing it for now. Except the ironing part. Not a fan of ironing and hate it with a passion. So I got to venture out on my own today to see Dylan. Dylan gave me a paper with Chinese characters on it that said our apartment and his office. So Dylan called me and said "Ready for lunch?" And I was like "Heck yeah man!" So I said good bye to the maid and made my way down the elevator, down to the road and grabbed me a taxi. Pretty impressive I must say so myself. Then I showed the driver my paper and the characters for Dylan's office and BOOM there we were. Called Dylan and he came down to see me. Then we walked to a pretty good restaurant to eat with the Amiga guy they talked shop and I listened not having a clue about it. The guy is American but I understand about as much techno talk as I do Chinese right now so I showed politely that I was interested and went on trying to attack my food with chopsticks. Hahahahahaha! Then Dylan put me in a cab and I was back at the apartment in no time. Walk in and the maid is still cleaning...pretty good I might say so. I found out she just came from the Amiga guy's apartment so she is here now.

So thats my day so far....not too interested in venturing out. Lucy and I might go for a walk here in a bit and look for me a nail place. As of now they do not do pink and white nails (UGHH) and the price is a bit high for cut down and regular fill so who knows right now. I might just have to say no to nails for now....UGHHH haven't said no in a long time so it's weird not having nails for me. But I love the mornings...Lucy and I walk with Dylan to a coffee shop in the morning have a small breakfast kiss good bye then he is off to work and Lucy and I walk home. Its really nice. Not sure what we will do when it is time for me to start working because I work earlier than he does but I am sure we will figure it out. I can't wait to get started. This staying at home business is for the birds.

I cannot view this blog except to post so just to let you know in case I start repeating myself or what have you. I can still get emails and would love to hear how everyone is doing so send me a message or two. If you have gmail we can talk that way too. So far no problems with jet lag amazing enough.

Best,
Amanda :)

No comments: